What is it?
- Peer observation and evaluation is a process of getting feedback from and giving feedback to another faculty member on teaching skills by observing the peer's course.
- It is applied annually in the context of AGEP.
- It enables the faculty to think about and review their teaching methods and skills besides discussing these with another faculty member.
- It also provides an opportunity for the evaluation of instruction not only by students but also by the faculty.
- It improves the instruction in higher education; and increases communication and collaboration among colleagues.
Who can apply?
The new faculty who has started to work at METU
When to apply?
Upon the announcement e-mail of ÖGEM in the context of AGEP
Application of Peer Observation and Evaluation
- Two AGEP members are matched.
- The matching is done by considering the preferences of the faculty.
- Each of the matched faculty members observes the other's course once.
- After completing the observation and evaluation, the peers should inform ODTÜ ÖGEM and fill in the evaluation form to evaluate the application.